Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day



Peter’s first Father’s Day – and I hope that he wasn’t disappointed. I wanted him to feel as special on Father’s Day as I did on Mother’s Day. He got two cards – one from me and one from Coopi, and Coopi and I also made a stepping stone for the garden with his hand and foot prints in it. I also found a silver frame especially for dads, and framed a picture of Peter when he is first holding Cooper in the hospital. It is an incredible picture, and happens to be the first one that we have gotten around to framing. Then when we came home from Church, a chiminea was waiting outside for Peter.

The Dr. appointment turned out totally fine. The pediatrician felt that maybe he had a little congestion around his ears from the reflux and that perhaps that would have an effect on his hearing. A follow-up with the ear, nose and throat doctor who performed another hearing test showed that Cooper’s hearing is excellent, and that we simply have a laid-back baby. I won’t complain about that!

It seems like Cooper has made so many new developments in the past few weeks. He can now roll in every direction, back to front, front to back, side to side, etc. He can sit supported, and we are working on trying to get him sitting without help (that will probably take another month). He is also standing in our lap. The other day, I think he discovered his tongue, because that was the first time that I ever saw him stick it out. He just kept sticking it out and rubbing it over his bottom lip. He now recognizes toys, and actually shows favoritism towards a couple of toys (a zebra with long legs and brightly colored, textured rings). He reaches out to grab them and will hold them willingly and suck on them. He is smiling more than ever and is starting to really like to play. Best development of all – the first little laughs. They aren’t all out belly roars, but just a subtle giggle. I can’t decide what my favorite sound in the world is – his new little giggle or the sound of his heavy breathing in my ear when he falls asleep on my shoulder. Peter and I have really created something special here, and we are continuously baffled at how the two of us could have made something so perfect in every way!

No comments: