Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Two Teeth and a Cold

We are nearing 6 months, and I can’t believe that Cooper is almost ½ a year old. It seems like everything puts me in a state of awe and disbelief when it comes to having and raising a baby. Big developments in the last weeks. Cooper now has two teeth – the bottom middle two – and he didn’t take long to become a pro at mealtime, downing an entire jar of baby food at each sitting. He gets one jar in the morning and one jar in the evening along with a bottle. Of course, it doesn’t go down without lots of silly faces, sounds, and mouth movements to encourage him to open wide. So far, he has eaten carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes – Carrots are the favorite. Cooper is also now sitting on his own. Granted, it is only in 30 second intervals before he falls in slow motion to one side or the other, or even better folds completely over to his delight to find some yummy delectable toes to suck on.

One new experience that isn’t so pleasant – our first cold. It came with a slight sniffling of the nose and a couple of sneezes, and is now a total blockage of the nostrils, more sneezing, and lots of gooey snot streaming from the nose. Cooper doesn’t care about the snot, nor the sneezes, but a blocked nasal passage is simply not conducive to sucking a bottle or paci – his two favorite pastimes. This makes for a grouchy boy and interrupts sleep for the whole house.

I know that I keep repeating it, but I really do cherish that moment just before I slip into bed, and I sneak into Cooper’s room for one last gander at that perfect sleeping boy. Every time I peek over into his crib, I get this overwhelming sense of love and amazement. He is just a wonderful little boy, and I am so lucky to be his mommy.

No comments: