Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Relationships

This has nothing to do with Cooper, but I will put it on here because it is important to me. I like to think that I am a happy person most of the time, and usually pretty lighthearted. I care about my friends and family, and I genuinely want the people I care about to be happy. Very seldom in my adult life have I had bad relationships. Most of my friends I have been friends with for several years, and as an adult I have learned that good friends are hard to find. The friends and family that I have now, I hope to have in my life for a very long time.

While I try to be honest with all, there are only a few people in my life with whom I can really express my deepest feelings. Peter would probably attest that this isn't always a good thing. I can be relentlessly intense, and sometimes don't hold back. I think that this is a result of seeing what secrets can do to a family and to relationships. I tell the truth, even when it hurts people. I don't think that this will ever change, and I am not sure that I want it to. If you are ever the recipient of this from me, you can be assured of a couple of things. You are among those that I hold closest and most dear. I wouldn't put the time, energy, and emotions to try to express myself this way if I didn't deeply love that person. There are some people, some relationships, with whom I cannot be satisfied with superficiality. If patterns hold true, I am only this way when I desperately want to make a relationship better and whole again.

It may not be the right way, but it is my way and I don't want it to be misunderstood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:o)

I miss you.