Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

One Gutsy Grandma

From the day that my Aunt Brenda told me that she was going to come visit us, I was anticipating her arrival with excitement. She came over with two of my young cousins ages 12 and 14, her grandchildren, and was ready to see it all. We toured Venice and Sermione in Italy, Munich and New Schwanstein here in Germany, and Paris. It took a little work to keep the teenagers interested and in good spirits, but a trip to some water slides, bribery in the form of money for souvenirs, badminton, bumper cars, and contests to see who had learned the most foreign words in Italian, German, or French did the trick. I was afraid that all the walking, stairs, boats, bikes, rain, and subway systems would be too much for my aunt, but when the kids were falling out, she was still going strong. I don't think there is a better grandma in the world. And I am always so happy to be around my aunt, because she is the closest connection I have to my mother and there are so many traits in her that remind me of my mom. The bonus of the trip was the best chocolate cake ever in Paris. It was a purely Parisian confectionery display of sinfully gooey chocolaty goodness, oh yes it was. As for the rest of Micma's grandchildren? Ya'll better start sucking up now, cause I'm thinking of the Greek Islands for her next visit!
Here are some pics from some of our travels.

Apparently, when you are 12 and 14 it is really fun to have a lemonade bottle that looks like a beer bottle. And look at the size of Micma's real beer!

Sermione, Italy

Venice, Italy




No comments: