Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pregnancy Update Week 39

Week 39. I didn't even go this long with Cooper (born at 38 weeks) so in my head I was really counting on it being the same with this baby. Official due date is one week from tomorrow. Baby is very low, but according to my doctor he thinks I may go another week yet although anything can happen at anytime. He started saying that when I get to 10 days past due date we would have to talk more, and I felt the urge to stick my fingers in my ears and hum loudly. I am not even going to think about 10 days past due date.



However, in the last 2 days I have cleaned bathrooms, scrubbed faucets with a toothbrush, mopped all the floors, dusted, washed all the bed linens, moved furniture, and washed every bit of dirty laundry in the house. Tonight is a full moon, so I am crossing my fingers that things will start moving along.





Here is a picture of the belly at 32 weeks.

We actually took a couple last night as well, but Peter's photography skills paired with a long day of cleaning, therapy, and playground results in photographic images that will never see the light of day. We'll try again later this week.



Overall this pregnancy has been pretty easy, given that I have other things to think about than being pregnant. Running after Cooper and carrying him has kept some of the pounds off. Well, that and the lack of my favorite restaurants that Augusta has to offer. At 39 weeks I have gained 30 pounds. Yes, that is a lot, however it is a full 20 pounds less than I gained with Cooper. I also don't have nearly the swollen feet/ankles that I had with Cooper. I can still wear shoes! And this baby kicks, elbows, pokes, and rolls much more than Cooper did. The best thing . . . no indigestion! (Knock on wood.)

Sure it all sounds rosy, but at the end of the day I am completely exhausted. And while carrying around Cooper may have helped with the weight gain, it also means that in addition to my extra 30 pounds, I am holding another 35 pounds in the front which makes 65 pounds. And I can feel it. My back aches, I have leg and hip cramps, I pee a minimum of 6 times at night, and I can't get comfortable. Ever.

Not much longer, right? Anytime now, right? Right?

3 comments:

Barbara said...

You look beautiful, Amy!

The Strozier Family said...

Great picture, mommy! Love you!

Christie Ziebell said...

You are so beautiful and really funny! Hope your baby comes soon.