Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Reinforcements Have Arrived

We are so blessed to have family that cares about us and is willing to step in and help when we need it. Peter’s parents came to Isen to help out with Cooper and Kayla just after Lilly was born. They have taken in their “granddog” on multiple occasions to help us out. Christina (Peter’s sister) joined us in the delivery room and took lots of photos for us of our first moments with our daughter which I will always cherish. She also took a week vacation from her job to care for Cooper in our house while we were in the hospital with Lilly. My Aunt Brenda flew over from the US, arriving the day that Christina had to leave, and stayed with us for nearly 3 weeks. She cared for Cooper, did tons of housework, and was also there to help out the first few days that Lilly was home. Having her there with us was the next best thing to having my mom there, and anytime she is around it feels like a piece of my mom is around. Even my brother Alan was ready to book a flight in a moments notice, but I persuaded him to wait until Lilly was home when we would need more help. He, April, and Sam will be here in just a couple of weeks.

The peace of mind that these wonderful people gave us was invaluable. I felt guilty enough each day leaving Cooper and not spending the time with him that I normally would, but to know that he was with people that love and adore him and probably give him more attention than I do made our situation so much easier. I can’t thank you all enough for helping us in this way. You all gave so much to us in a time when we had nothing to give in return and your love has made such a profound influence on us. We love you so much!

No comments: