Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Two Weeks in the Life of a 10 Month Old

So we ran into a little issue with Peter's green card, and I'll spare you the long drawn out details by simply saying that Peter is in Augusta. For two weeks. With my family. Without me.

And I am here in Isen, alone with these two little punks plus Kayla. It is the time of year when the farmers are all out spraying cow poop all over the fields. Thick, brown, incredibly foul smelling manure. Clearly I am not bitter at all.

On the bright side, it has given a me clear perspective of how incredible the life of a 10 month old is. In the time that Peter has been gone this is what Lilly has learned:

1. Waving
2. Nearly crawling and definitely shimmying herself across the floor
3. Holding her own bottle
4. Drinking from a sippy cup
5. Eating a whole banana on her own
6. Clapping
7. Trying to pull up

These two weeks have been lonely, but certainly not boring. And since Cooper wakes up every morning between 5 and 5:30 (actually today it was 4:45), I am certainly looking forward to having Peter back home. So, hurry up honey and can you bring me a Zaxby's chicken finger plate? Extra texas toast, no slaw. Thanks!

No comments: