Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

Green Acres is the Place to Be

Sidebar - As you will be able to see, this was written via e-mail before I created this blog.


Sick of hearing from me yet? I am considering getting a blog as some of you have suggested. This would prevent me from filling up your inboxes, however I have the suspicious feeling that you will forget to check it out from time to time, forget about me, and all of my genius writings of antics here in Funky Town (don't know why I just called it that other than the song Funky Town popped into my head and I am sure it will reside there for the rest of the day - dangit!). Am I thinking too highly of myself? Maybe that's because I am spending so much time ALONE with ME, MYSELF, and I, plus Cooper and Kayla. And seeing as Cooper and Kayla both think I am the greatest person on the face of the Earth, well that lends one to feel that they may be somewhat important. OK, maybe not a genius, but at least very entertaining . . . or maybe just slightly interesting . . . OK, fine just a pesky little mosquito you can't get rid of. Well, put your fly swatters away, cause this country girl will be here for a LONG TIME. And just for the record I have made several installments of a mom's blog that never made it onto Cooper's website thanks to ol' Stinky Pete.

So, on to actual items that you need to know about. First off is a financial tip for all you savvy investors. Should any of you have stocks in McDonald's or Zaxby's, heed my advice and don't take these next 3 words lightly.

PULL. OUT. NOW!!!

Yes, with the nearest McDonald's over 20 minutes away from here and no Zaxby's to be found on the continent, you can bet that both businesses will take a huge hit. Many of you know my obsession with those juicy quarter pounders with cheese, and we both know that Zaxby's is purely irresistable. Even Cooper was starting to get an addiction to Happy Meals (Bad Mom!). Actually our last visit to McDonald's was when we were shopping at Ikea a few weeks ago. I was alone with Cooper, and Kayla was in the car with us. I had run out of dog food, and Kayla hadn't eaten all morning, so I felt really guilty that Cooper and I were going to enjoy a delectable McD's lunch right in front of her. So, Cooper and Kayla split a Happy Meal of nuggets and fries and afterwards they were both pretty happy!

Now, I feel the need to take this moment to drop another tip for you all. If you enjoy the tastes of Zaxby's or Chik-Fil-A, then I implore you to visit a little joint called Birds. This is located in Daniel Village where the old Barberito's used to be, next to the Village Deli, and let me tell you it is wonderfully delicious. The owner is a guy who graduated from Lakeside High School with my brother, so that would have been like 1991? And the chicken tastes to me like a mix of flavors between Zaxby's and Chik-Fil-A. My favorite is the chicken finger club sandwich. They have homemade fries, which you can get in regular or sweet potato, both equally delightful. PLEASE do your taste buds a favor and go there!

What's new with Cooper and Kayla? Cooper is still not walking, although twice yesterday he was standing on his own, but after he realizes it he drops down on his bum and continues crawling. Still eating like a horse. I am phasing out the paci, which he doesn't have a problem with, but this kid has an oral fixation like you wouldn't believe. He doesn't care if the paci isn't in there as long as something else is. This translates into the mouthing of every toy imaginable, shopping cart handles, dog food, cell phones, car bumpers, rocks, leaves, dandelions, and yes, even licking the floor. Hey, I said I was the genius, not him! Seriously, it is just his way of feeling and exploring his world. And since he is always getting new teeth, it just feels plain good to him.

Kayla is facing some serious separation anxiety after her traumatic plane ride. She can't be left alone without destroying something, and in order to prevent some costly repairs to our house, we opt to take her in our tiny car with us wherever we go. (Our car is tiny, and I have named it "The Bubble".) Dogs are able to go in most stores and restaurants here, so it isn't really a problem, but she is completely comfortable with staying in the car for a couple of hours while we shop and whatnot. She takes little naps in there and waits for us to come back. I have to admit it is a funny sight to see her sitting behind the wheel in the front seat! But hopefully she will settle down soon. She loves our long daily walks and so far hasn't eaten a chicken!

Alright, I am done for now. Attached are some pictures from last weekend. We were on our way to see Peter's parents and I had to stop in this field of dandelions to take some pictures. Cooper was just nodding off to sleep in the car so it didn't go so well for him. Take care, and keep me posted on you all. I love to get e-mails from you!




No comments: