Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Responding to the Masses - Pictures of the Abode

It's another beautiful day in paradise over here. No funny stories lately, but I'll at least give you some updates. Dropped Peter off at work this morning, and he is flying to London (should be on the plane right now) today. On the way, he gave me directions to a new mall in Munich and asked if I wanted to go shopping. Don't you guys know by now that those are dangerous words? Seriously though, all I want is a closet, and I've got my hopes that ours might arrive this week. Maybe if you all cross your fingers and send up a quick request on my behalf to the Big Man I might get my wish. Surely 40 prayers and 160 crossed fingers should move me up the list. Oh, and something to put the TV on while you are at it.

So, I've gotten many requests for pictures of the house, and until things are in a more orderly fashion I am hesitant to send. But attached are a few areas that I am willing to release to appease your curiosity for the time being. I am attaching pictures of Cooper's room and play room, bot of which are on the top floor. A picture of the stairs going up to his floor and down to the living room, so that you can get an idea of our strange split level. The exposed wood and beam cielings make me feel like I am in a chalet in the Alps. I also included a couple of pictures of the kitchen and a view of those Green Acres from the kitchen windows.



What's new with us? Peter and I are on a mission to shed our spare tire or at the very least reduce it to a shapely muffin top. We head out every evening after Cooper is in bed to throw a frisbee or play a little badminton. Anyone who has ever seen me throw a frisbee knows that this is never a pleasant game for my opponent who has to hastily sprint in any variety of directions to retrieve my poor throws. I have to retrieve any of my own throws that end up behind me (this isn't a joke). But, I can justify by telling Peter that I am offering a major contribution to shedding those unwanted pounds! I'm much better at Badminton.

The C man is doing well. We keep trying to trick him into standing by himself, and sometimes it works. He gets a big applause when he stays up for a few seconds. He is just so dang careful. Definitely takes after his dad. His bottom teeth are starting to look a little crooked to me (could it be all the biting?) and all of his teeth are spaced apart, so he looks like an adorable Jack-0-Lantern when he smiles. He has discovered that silly faces are hilarious, so he gets a comedy variety show each night with dinner that leaves him screaming with giggles. Babies have the best laughs (Kelly and Wade, you know this) that comes straight from the gut, if not sometimes from the toes.

We are expecting our first visitors this July. My brother, Alan, and his wife, April, are coming and we couldn't be more excited. We are planning our travels to Paris, Munich, Prague, London and some small towns in Germany including our own. See what you all are missing? Let me know when you are ready to plan your own trip over here, and we'll be glad to help find good deals for you.

No comments: