Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snow Day!

On Sunday after Cooper's birthday party. Peter and I decided that we would go to the sledding hill across the field in front of our house. We have had TONS of snow lately, which translates to TONS of shoveling said snow. But it was a gorgeous sunny day so we all bundled up and headed out.



Side note: bundling a 2 year old to go out in the snow is a chore. Here is the list that Cooper wears when we go outside:

1. Long-sleeved Onesie

2. Long john pants

3. Sweatshirt

4. Light zip up jacket

5. Regular pants

6. Snow pants

7. Thick Jacket

8. Scarf

9. Inner gloves

10. Outer gloves

11. Socks

12. Another pair of socks

13. Snow Boots

14. Winter jacket

15. Hat

Kayla gets a jacket as well, and after all that I am lucky to change out of my crocs to some real shoes. There have been days that I didn't even do that. I digress.



So, we headed out and had a great time. I think Kayla enjoyed sledding more than any of us. Cooper loves the snow (unless he falls down in a thick spot and can't get back up on his own). Here's the pics from our wonderful afternoon. And I don't want to hear a single comment from any of you hillbillies in Augusta wearing your flip flops and t-shirts and basking in the warm sun. Save it for somebody who won't be completely jealous and might have to hunt you down and hurt you real bad. That is what weeks on end of freezing temps and snow can do to a Georgia girl.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the snow pictures. Being a Georgia girl myself I can 1)understand how too much of the white stuff can make you miss the flip flops, tees, and shorts and 2)be COMPLETELY jealous of the snow! We had a few specks here. Nothing to write home (or Germany) about, that's for sure!