Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Turning 2



Cooper turned 2 last week and we had a birthday party on Saturday. Our neighbors came with their 3 little boys aged between 2 and 6. Some American friends of ours came with their 2 beautiful girls aged 3 and 5. It was a great time, and we had lots of yummy cake and fun play time. Cooper got a plasma car (after seeing my friend Mandy riding one, I couldn't resist), and all the kids thought that was really cool. Cooper liked it, but nothing beats the tractor that he got for Christmas. Well, that and the salad spinner. Yes, the salad spinner has become the toy of choice now that our little man has turned 2. He is no longer amused with the trite toys that other 2 year olds play with. Cooper knows where the salad spinner is kept, how to access it, and let me tell you, that boy can spin that spinner like no other 2 year old. And the best is that most of the time, he returns it to its drawer in the kitchen when he is done . . . unless he decides to take it upstairs to the living room.


I mentioned last post that Cooper likes to put things away, sometimes where they don't belong. We had a little mystery in our house in the last couple of weeks. Seems that somehow the little rod that feeds through the toilet paper rolls to hold it on the wall was missing. And seeing as how no besides me seems to have the ability to take off the empty cardboard roll and replace it with a new one, I honestly thought that I had somehow lost the thing. Luckily, my fears were relieved when Peter found the rod . . . in his wardrobe. Apparently if you are Cooper, the wardrobe is a perfectly logical place to store toilet paper rods.
This picture cracks me up. This is Peter's son for sure!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

A PlasmaCar!! BEST GIFT EVER! We will be riding ours today after nap time. I am so glad you got one for him. He will love it right along with the salad spinner. :)

Precious...I love how he 'puts things away". Awesome.

Anonymous said...

You have trained him well if he even puts the salad spinner where it belongs! Maybe he can start helping you unload the dishwasher soon! The pictures are adorable :)