Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Day of Ropes and Condiments

Since I never really did anything specific for Peter's birthday or our 8th anniversary, I asked my man to set aside a day for a surprise getaway. Well, today was that day. Peter and I drove to the mountains and went to an area with a big ropes course. It was really fun and quite strenuous. We spent the better part of 4 hours hanging high in the air clad in straps and ropes that created bulges in all the wrong places to challenge our fears and balance. Overall a great day! We had a wonderful getaway, thanks to Peter's parents who came to watch Cooper.

After putting Cooper down for the evening, we started discussing our dinner options and scouring the pantry for something to make. Nothing I presented sounded appealing to Peter, so I settled on making myself scrambled eggs and sausage. Peter, on the other hand, had more ambitious culinary plans. He decided to make himself some chili. Here are his ingredients:



In case you can't make it out from the picture, they are as follows:

- Diced tomatoes (pre-packaged)
- Leftover Fuego Salsa
- Tabasco
- Gypsy Sauce (a red spicy sauce)
- Grill and Steak Seasoning
- Sausage Seasoning
- Chili Flakes
- 1 onion
- Hamburger Meat
- Splash of Milk

To say I was skeptical of this collaboration of ingredients would be an understatement. And when Peter started combining the ingredients and claimed that the onion was too much trouble and that the diced tomatoes may not be necessary, I exclaimed all the wrongness that would come of a chili made exclusively of condiments. Luckily, both the tomatoes and onion were necessary and were added to the creative concoction.

In the end, Peter proclaimed his experiment a success and offered to share with me. "You've got to be curious," he stated. Curious wouldn't be an accurate description of my current state of mind; it is a feeling closer to nausea. Somehow I was able to refrain from partaking.

No comments: