Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

The New Man in My Life

OK, no one is allowed to get mad at this post. As you may know, I was travelling last week to a mystery location to meet up with a man. He was short and bald, which is just my type. His name is Sam, and he is just so delicious I could scoop him up and eat him with a shrimp fork. And, I kind of think that he liked me too!

This is my nephew who I finally got to see after 6 weeks. I had a wonderful week of changing diapers, feeding him, rocking him to sleep, holding in his paci, practicing my football hold, and bouncing that baby boy. The funny thing is that it felt like a great little vacation away from my 2 year old! I enjoyed time with family and for once was not running around like a crazy person all over town as we usually are when we are in Augusta. I also got to hit a big sale at Macy's with my Aunt Brenda and got lots of great stuff. It was really hard not to call friends and let them know I was there, but I really wanted to enjoy my time with family.

Thank you, Aunt Brenda, for bringing me home. I had a wonderful time!!! And thanks, Alan and April, for sharing your little bundle of joy with me. He is just wonderful. I can't wait until Cooper gets to meet him too.

5 comments:

April and Alan said...

Amy,
It was so wonderful to have you home for a few days. We miss you! Sam loved the time you spent with him. I can tell he loves his Aunt Amy! I appreciated all that you helped me with, too! Can't wait to see you all in October :)
April

Mandy said...

Alright, I won't be mad...I suppose I understand...especially since we will probably get to see you next month. :) Glad you got to spend time with the adorable little guy. :)

The Strozier Family said...

I am so glad you got to make the trip to meet Sam! He is absolutely adorable!! Miss you!!

Brenton and Braden Vasquez said...

I will let it slide this time, but geez... I know it meant the world to you to finally meet your nephew!! He looks adorable!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new nephew - and on having a relaxing visit "home". I can't say I fully understand the hectic schedule you must usually keep when visiting (and I am sort of glad I can't), but I can appreciate the need to just chill out. Sounds like it was well worth the secret keeping.