Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Danger is my middle name.

I may have mentioned in a previous post that Cooper is becoming more aware of his surroundings and discovering new things. He certainly has a taste for the dangerous side of life. This kid is not afraid of anything, including suffocating to death in small spaces.


We had our friends, Kellie and Christian, over for dinner on Saturday evening. I realized that Cooper was a little quiet, and most parents know that usually means they are into something they aren't supposed to be. Peter scoured the house and in the last room that he thought to look in, this is what he found.








Yup, that is our dryer. And, more specifically, that is Cooper in our dryer. He has always liked to come downstairs to the washroom and watch me do the laundry. He knows how to take out the lint filter in the dryer and open it so that I can clean out all the lint. He likes to close the doors and push the buttons. He loves to watch front loaders spin all the clothes around. I never thought he would want to BE the laundry.

He actually opens the door, climbs in, and closes the door all on his own. And boy, does he get angry when I pull him out!


So, now we have a checklist of items that I have to run through in my head to be sure that this little guy is safe:
- Doors locked - check
- Windows locked - check
- Washroom locked - check
- Bathroom faucets wrapped with multiple rubber bands - check


By the way, it sounds very quiet upstairs. I better go!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

LOL! He seems quite content in the dryer. Bring him back to NA so he can do my laundry, please!

April said...

He is quite a guy! I wish I could send you our top loader and trade it in for your front loader...that would solve all our problems. My back ache would be gone and Cooper would need a little more time to figure out how to get in :)ha ha ha