Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Quilt

I just realized recently that I haven't written about my (or Cooper's) amazing new quilt. While I was in Augusta this past April, the plans for my sister-in-law's baby shower were underway. My wonderful Aunt Brenda had all types of plans for an extravagent event, and she mentioned to me that she was going to have a quilt made for April and the new baby using scraps of robes that she had collected from my mom's closet after my mom passed away in 2005. My mother had quite a collection of robes and she wore one every day. And, as it turns out, April's mom would be the one to make the quilt. Talk about an amazing and meaningful gift! And talk about jealousy on my part!

So, I was certainly overcome with emotion at the shower when I learned that not one, but TWO quilts were made. I am embarassed to say that I believe I did the ugly cry. So, here we are with our quilts. Unfortunately, I look like some sort of freakish giant in this picture!



1 comment:

Mandy said...

What a wonderful gift! :) You look fine overcome with emotion. :)