Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What we've been doing

I realize that I really don't have many new pictures of Cooper on the blog lately. So here are some of the things that we have been up to in the last month.

We had a couple of really warm days, so we broke out the blow up baby pool and the hose. The hose was a big hit with Cooper, but not so much for Peter who was trying to work outside with his laptop and kept getting squirted. I thought he looked like an adorable fireman and Peter thought he looked like he was peeing all over the place. I'll let you decide for yourself. And yes, Cooper is in the nude cause that's how we roll out here in the country (Cooper that is, not Peter or me). Cooper doesn't like tan lines.





Cooper has also started to take big interest in feeding himself with his spoon. This came late mostly because I have a hard time relinquising control of utensils to someone with less than perfect dexterity skills. But learning means doing and this boy wants to do it himself. And it is really cute watching that spoon piled with way too much yogurt wiggle and wobble its way to a face with wide eyes and a mouth stretched to its limit. And if a cleanup crew is needed afterwards, well then so be it. It's in my job description.


Cooper does show an interest in housework. He likes to make things orderly, put things away, and LOVES the vacuum cleaner with a passion. Here he is workin' the Miele. I have a feeling that as he gets older, I will have to check the vacuum cleaner bag for action figures, toys, valuables, and other goodies.


And in further news, I am tenderly going about life as best as possible at the moment with what we suspect may be a broken tailbone and a large hematoma (bruise) on my arm. I am absolutely serious, and I am in a whole heap o' pain right now. To preserve what is left of my dimishing dignity, I will simply say that it involves a see-saw (or teeter totter if you prefer) and there were witnesses. It was really bad.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

He is darling. :)

Unknown said...

What? No teeter totter pictures? He is so adorable. Hope you're feeling better. You'll need to be to keep up with him!

Aunt April said...

He looks like he is really enjoying life in the country! Love that smile!!!