Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009 Photos

You know, I wish I was one of those creative blog writers who always has great titles for their blog posts. After racking my brain for a whole 28 seconds (I didn't want to overexert myself and pull something) "Christmas 2009 Photos" was really the best that I could do. I would like to say that I will do better in 2010, but I don't like making promises I can't keep.


Besides all the food and eating that we did around here during the Merry Season, we got a visit from the Christkind.



That little baby brought lots of goodies for our not so little baby. There is the Miele playkitchen and off to the right you can see a little part of a new play house for Cooper. That was a big hit. I got a new digital camera which is smaller and more portable than my big Canon. Peter got the Wii Active, however the Christkind didn't know that TVs are different in this country so the Wii Active bought in Europe won't play on the Sony Flatscreen bought in the US. You didn't hear it from me, but that Christkind isn't the brightest. Since the Wii Active (which was going to be the answer to the entire Claus family's weight loss goals) will have to be returned, we can no longer be held responsible or accountable for achieving a healthy weight. Luckily, after hearing about the Wii Active debacle, the Christkind has promised to puchase another one in the US as soon as feasible. Peter also got a shiny new highly ergonomic snow shovel which will sure make snow shoveling an enjoyable endeavor for Pete this winter. Peter's dad received a gift that he has been talking about for quite some time. The Christkind threatened to give the gift to someone more deserving if Opa didn't get up and do a happy dance. I am proud to announce that Opa can still shake his groove thang! I do believe the Christkindwas quite pleased with his display of appreciation.


Somehow the Christkind made a trip by Aunt Christina's house to pick up the sheets she made for Cooper's new bed. They are just adorable!
The next day (Christmas Day 25th) we finally got around to taking a couple of pregnancy pictures. Here I am at 21 weeks (5 months). We are halfway through the pregnancy!



Christina so lovingly pointed out that it appears I have a sparkly nipple in the first picture. Sorry if that is disturbing for some of you.


And finally, here is a photo of Oma, Opa, Cooper and Papa. Everyone looks happy!
I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas as well. We are gearing up to have some friends over for New Year's Eve. We wish everyone joy, love, peace and prosperity for 2010. As they say in Germany, "Guten Rutsch!", or a good slide into the New Year!

4 comments:

al said...

You look great. Love you, al

April and Alan said...

Amy,
You look beautiful! It looks like St. Nick was good to the Claus family :)
Love,
April

Mandy said...

You are positively glowing! And so is your nipple. ha ha ha ... couldn't resist. Sorry. :)

Looks like the Christkind did a good job, well, except for the Wii.

kelly said...

laughed out loud about the sparkly nipple! glad you had a good Christmas. missed you guys around here!