Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Placenta Brain

There is a common side effect to pregnancy, which is absentmindedness. This has been a strange symptom for me that I have had both during this pregnancy and also when I was pregnant with Cooper. This morning is an example of a typical dumb thing that I am prone to do on any given day.

As I started preparing toast for Cooper this morning, I did what any normal person would do . . . opened the CD player on the counter, took out the CD (Melissa Etheridge if you were wondering) and put in a piece of whole grain toast.

Brilliant, Amy.

3 comments:

kelly said...

this one was a laugh out loud one, amy!! i love it!

Anonymous said...

Dont't mind,betterthan puttingthe CD
inthe toaster.
it is only age no illness
monster in law
inge Oma

Mandy said...

I paid the wrong bill, therefore forgetting to pay the correct bill because I thought I already paid it. And I didn't figure it out until it was almost too late. Brad dismissed me of all budget concerns. ;)

Unfortunately, placenta brain gets worse with each subsequent pregnancy. Just wait until your third. Your brain takes a sabbatical. FOREVER.