Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Here We Go Again

(Originally written 9/18/09)

So, I am writing this, but not going to post it for a while yet. These things need time. Time to enjoy something just as a family. And, of course, time to make sure that nothing unexpected happens. But in the meantime, until we make it public, I didn't want to miss out writing about this experience.


We are expecting a baby!


We set out to expand our family, and it was much quicker than we ever thought it would be. Peter's reaction, "Man, I'm good!" I was more expecting a hug, a kiss, a squeal of excitement, and maybe some flowers for the mother-to-be or a special dinner. But instead, "Man, I'm good" and then off to breakfast in his underwear. What can I say? He is the man I married and the father of my children. Oh yeah, and I guess the love of my life.


We officially found out with a positive test on Sunday morning, August 30, although I suspected during my stay in Augusta earlier that month. I am excited and feeling really good. From the online calculations, Cooper will be a big brother in early May!

2 comments:

April and Alan said...

yey!! We can't wait :)

Mandy said...

Yay for a new baby!!

Use this link for the widget I used on my blog.

http://babynamey.com/badges