Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Pregnancy Update - 15 weeks

It is certainly time for an update on our little Gummy Bear in there. I did go to the Doctor (I think that was at about 8 weeks), and everything checked out fine with the baby. One interesting thing on the ultrasound was TWO amnio sacs. Luckily, only one baby. It appears that it started out early on with possibly 2 babies, but for whatever reason one didn't develop. The doctor said it shouldn't cause any problems and most likely my body would just absorb that other sac or it would come out on its own. (Sorry if that is too much info) Another check-up 2 weeks later and all looked normal with the baby continuing to do well.

Now we are up to 15 weeks, and so far this baby has already travelled to the US and visited Disney World, as well as Salzburg with Christina and Dwayne and Oktoberfest in Munich. A world travelor at the tender age of - embryo. I am feeling pretty good, but still often tired especially in the evenings. I have had one more ultrasound since the last post and all looked good.

The sex of the baby will remain top secret material until he or she is born. Actually, only I will be privvy to that information since Peter is adamant that he wants to be surprised. This will be a very hard thing for me as I am not known to be the best keeper of secrets or surprises, but I am determined to let Peter have the experience he wants to have from this. So, no pressure from you all. My lips are sealed. Well, right now it is pretty easy since I don't know yet and probably won't find out myself until the next scan around Christmas.

Having said all that, I definitely have a very strong feeling that this is another boy. I am starting to see some belly poking out, and it seems to be sitting right where Cooper was which is typical for boys. And other than that, just a feeling. I am happy with whatever comes as long as he or she is healthy.

Today, I am craving Chinese again. And it is only 10am, with no chinese restaurants here.

No comments: