Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

6 Weeks

So, according to online calculations, I should be at about 6 weeks now. My doctor's appointment is another 2 weeks out, so I will know more specifics then and also know if everything is A-OK in there. After finding out last Sunday, I was feeling great and just convinced that this pregnancy was going to be a breeze. I started working in the yard that morning and tore it up all day out there.

Then, a few days later it hit. And it hit hard. The nausea. Now, I remember my pregnancy with Cooper. I said it then, and I will say it now. I am not a good pregnant woman. I do believe that the birth of a child is a miracle. And I am honored and thankful that I am one of those people that seems to be able to have a baby quite easily with healthy delivery and all that. I think pregnant women are so adorable. But that is where the rainbows and roses end. I don't like being sick, I don't like gaining weight, I don't like not sleeping, I don't like peeing all the time, I despise indigestion. All these women who say they love being pregnant . . . I envy them. Yes, it is an incredible feeling when you can feel your baby move inside your belly, but for me it was always really uncomfortable, kind of like I ate something bad or have a nervous stomach.


Still, I am so excited and happy to be on this journey and that God made it happen. Looking forward to the end of this first trimester!

No comments: