Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks

I am so excited this year for Christmas, that I just had to go ahead and change the background of the blog. However, that doesn't mean that I am just passing over Thanksgiving. I am so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. Here's my top 10 in no particular order:


1. God paired me with a wonderful husband who tolerates my sarcasm and knows my sighs. He knows which sighs mean to get out of bed to turn out the lights, which sighs mean that I am thirsty and want him to get me something to drink, and which sighs mean that I want him to bring me some ice cream. And he does it. I'm a lucky girl.


2. We live in a central part of Europe that has allowed us to see some really beautiful parts of this continent and travel with ease.


3. We also live close enough to Peter's parents and sister which gives Cooper the opportunity to get to know his grandparents and aunt. They all love Cooper and Kayla as much as we do (and given Kayla's rancid gas, that isn't easy!).


4. We have a roof over our head and more room (and stuff, way too much stuff) under that roof than we really need.


5. We have 2 trouble free cars (knock on wood).


6. We have the most loving family and friends in Georgia who call us, e-mail us, care enough for us to come visit if they are able, and are always willing to put up with us for extended periods when we come to visit.


7. Living in Germany this time around, I have some comforts that I didn't have the first time around. I have American TV at the touch of my fingertips which just gives me that comfort of sitting down at the end of the day with Peter and kicking back at home watching our favorite shows. More importantly, I have a great American supportive friend who lives nearby that I can go to when I need help finding things here, when I need to gripe about living in a foreign country, or when I just need a friend to talk about nothing. These things help make my time here less isolating.


8. Despite many instances that my precious boy could have seriously gotten hurt or killed, he is still here, happy and healthy. Each night before I put Cooper in his bed, I wrap my arms around him, stick my nose in his neck, and just take him in. So often it is in this moment that I know just how precious he is and my heart feels like it will explode with love for him. I know that I am lucky to have another day with him.


9. We have more than enough food, and as ya'll know, I love me some food. I can't imagine what it must be like for those mothers who have to look into the eyes of their hungry children and are not able to fill their bellies.


10. God has considered us fit enough parents to bless us with another baby. We are creating a new life, which is the greatest miracle ever.

There is so much more that I am thankful for, but you know me and all the words. I am trying to keep things short enough for all two of you that actually read this. Ok, so I am one of those two. So what?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope your tables are full of turkey (oh, Mr. Loss's fried turkey, there's another craving for the week!) and lots o' fixins and pies!

1 comment:

April and Alan said...

Count me as one of the two :) I love to read your top 10 lists. Thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving. We'll miss you!